Thursday, April 13, 2006

Nitin Paranjpe ... identifying new growth engines for HLL


Executive Assistant to the Chairman of Unilever, JBIMS, 1987

I joined HLL in 1987. Since then I have been through a number of assignments - each unique, personally challenging and enriching. In the last couple of years, I have been an Area Sales Manager and a Brand Manager. I have represented Central Asia on the Global Home Care Category team and I have also been the Branch Manager for South India.

Two years back, I joined the Millennium team charged with the responsibility of identifying new growth engines for HLL. At the end of that assignment I moved to London to be a part of the team responsible for recommending the reorganisation of Unilever's top management structure. Today, I assist the Chairman and ExCo of Unilever PLC, by providing them background and analysis that they would need to discharge their responsibilities effectively.

The range of experiences that HLL provides, and the thrill of setting stiff goals and beating them year after year has been an exhilarating experience. I am delighted to be a part of a team of managers who are not only the brightest, but also the most wonderful human beings. It's not often that one finds all of this in an organisation. I feel proud to be a part of HLL.