FMCG WIZARDS CONTEST: Future of FMCG in India (5 years from now)
I am rolling out a contest on FMCG sector in form of a Reaserch Paper. As many people in FMCG marketers community are interested in doing projects in FMCG sector, i am starting this Contest - FMCG WIZARDS.
There are different FMCG categories existing in India. At a macro level there are mainly four categories – Home & Personal Care, Foods & Beverages, Cigarettes and Alcohol and at a micro we sub categories under HPC and F&B. Some of them are quite established in India. Just to name a few, the established ones are Soaps, Shampoos, Biscuits, Confectionary, Cigarettes, Salt, Snack Foods(Chips & Namkeens) are more than 1000 Cr. categories. Other FMCG categories are in nascent stage like Ready to Eat, Breakfast Meals, which are well within 100 Cr.
There are some categories like Chips & Namkeens, which today has a huge market of 2000 Cr. and was miniscule 6 years back. One thing is very important to understand here is that the smaller FMCG categories today will be more than 1000 Cr. and will contribute a considerable percentage in the portfolio of FMCG categories. Apart from the already existing categories in India, there are many other niche FMCG categories, which are non-existent in India but are well established in developed nations. But gradually India will experience those categories in India.
The deliverables of the research paper are:
1. List of all FMCG categories and their current potential in Crores. Do refer: http://fmcgmarketers.blogspot.com/2006/09/fmcg-product-categories.html
2. Split the categories into established and nascent categories
3. List of untapped categories in India which are prevalent in other nations
4. Viewpoints on the scope/ potential of nascent and untapped product categories in India in next the 5 years, looking into the changing consumer behavior
5. Lastly, what all FMCG companies in India should enter into these categories
The essence, which should come out from the project are the budding FMCG categories, which has a huge potential in India in next 5 years.
DATE OF SUBMISSION
Please mail the research papers by 16th April, 2007 on email@example.com with details of the team members (maximum 2) and your backgrounds.
FMCG WIZARDS WINNERS
I will shortlist 2 teams. The papers will be published on FMCG Marketers.
Put in your best to come out with interested insights, which can be useful for the FMCG fraternity.
Best of Luck.